When you’re running a small to medium-sized business (SMB), you know how important it is to maximize your time and money. You may find yourself spending hours searching for the lowest possible price on a variety of items, such as materials, equipment and shipping solutions. This can be especially true when you’re trying to find the right small business shipping solutions for you. Unfortunately, the time spent searching is often wasted because the results only produce minimally cheaper options. Learn how you can improve SMB shipping efficiency by partnering with one 3PL, so you can spend your time on what matters most – running your business.
Small Business Shipping and Partnering with a 3PL
SMB’s can optimize their shipping and become more efficient by choosing one 3PL (Third-Party Logistics) partner and sticking with them. You might be wondering what a 3PL is. A 3PL connects shippers like you to freight carriers at the most affordable rates.
Here’s why you can benefit from partnering with a 3PL:
- Your 3PL helps connect you with discounted shipping rates provided by a large network of carriers.
- Working with one 3PL partner provides valuable expertise, tools and savings.
- Your freight agent gets to know you, your business and its unique needs so that each shipment is a personalized experience in an ongoing relationship.
- The more you ship with your 3PL partner, the more of a volume discount you can earn.
- Should an issue arise with a carrier, your 3PL partner can help you resolve the issue.
How Do You Find the Right 3PL Partner?
As a small business owner and shipper, you want to make sure you’re finding the best shipping partner for you. A 3PL partner can connect you to a wide range of carriers. This gives you the ability to compare multiple shipping rates side-by-side, saving you time and money. Your 3PL can provide you with tips on small business shipping mistakes and how to avoid them as well as keep you updated on market conditions in the freight shipping industry that could impact your shipments and rates. 3PLs have experts standing by to answer your questions, help you choose the right accessorials and assist in booking your shipment. Basically, your 3PL acts as your own personal shipping department without the hassle of having to manage it by yourself.
At FreightCenter, all customers are a priority, and we pride ourselves on the personalized guidance, expertise and customized solutions that our shipping agents provide.