COVID-19 seems to have taken over the narrative of most everyone’s daily life. Phrases like “shelter in place” and “toilet paper shortage” are now commonplace, and there are more people staying indoors than ever before. While introverts rejoice and those working-from-home get to save on gas, self-quarantining can bring a sense of alienation or even boredom. We’ve put together a few ideas and ways to keep you from going stir crazy during these unusual times. Check them out here.
Something for the Kids
Schools are now temporarily remote, offering digital classes. While this is great to be able to spend time with your kids, when parents are working from home also, it can get a little crazy. Kids get bored easily especially when they have to stay inside most of the day, so keeping them occupied while doing productive activities is a must. Here are some ideas:
- Visit Audible.com and get access to hundreds of free audio books for any age range.
- Scholastic Learn at Home has course-related activities, which are perfect for kids Pre-K to 9.
- If your kids like art and culture, Google Arts & Culture will allow them to discover all kinds of culture!
- Nova Labs by PBS has different themes to learn and is geared towards the older kids. This is a great place for them to learn about more advanced, real-world useful topics like cybersecurity or biology.
Health Comes First
Physical health is obviously something everyone has on their minds lately, but mental health is also fundamental in getting through times like this. Here are some healthy activities for anybody out there looking to stay fit physically and mentally:
- Exercise – No need for a gym. Challenge yourself with pushups, squats, planks, etc. Stay healthy, my friends.
- Read – Knowledge is power. That includes comic books. We won’t tell!
- Relax – Meditation is awesome – there’s even an app for it.
- Clean out a closet – We all have one that needs some help! Decluttering relieves stress.
- Cook something new – Try cooking those new recipes you’ve been wanting to try.
Also, one of the most important things to us all, a sense of community, could feel like it’s been stripped away. Thanks to technology, there are ways that we can all stay connected whether that is continuing to be active in your local community, chatting with friends and family through video chat, FaceTime, Skype Video or other forms of web enabled video technology – it’s a life saver. It can help you feel like you’re not losing touch with those that are important to you. Plan future events and get-togethers, so you can avoid feeling lost and stay connected.
Our Best Wishes
We hope everyone stays safe and healthy. We understand how much everyone wants business to keep running as usual (or as close to usual as possible), and we are here to help. When it comes to moving your freight or shipping, we are here to help provide creative solutions, so you can take care of your customers and suppliers. Let’s work together. Contact us if you have any questions or if we can help with your shipping.