Small to medium-size businesses (SMBs) may find themselves spending hours searching for the lowest price possible. Unfortunately, the time spent searching is often wasted because the results only produce minimally cheaper options. The better path to savings is to be more efficient.
Streamline & optimize with one partner
SMB’s can optimize their shipping and become more efficient by choosing one 3PL (Third-Party Logistics) partner and sticking with them. Here’s why:
- It’s about relationships. Your freight agent gets to know you, understands your business and it’s unique needs so that each shipment is a personalized experience in an ongoing relationship. As opposed to an inefficient process where everything has to be explained from scratch every time you have a shipment.
- The more you ship with your 3PL partner, the more of a volume discount you will earn.
- Should an issue arise with a carrier, your 3PL partner will be more helpful than a freight broker you’ve rarely used before, if at all.
- Unless you have a freight shipping expert on staff, working with one 3PL partner provides valuable expertise, efficiencies and savings.
The trick is finding the right partner.
How do you find the right 3PL partner?
Finding the right 3PL partner can feel a bit like dating. You may have to try out a few to find the one that’s right for you. Here are some surefire ways to determine a good fit.
- If the shipping agent strikes you as an order taker rather than an actual shipping expert, chances are good that they can’t provide you with the expertise you need.
- SMB shipping efficiency and delivering unique solutions to meet your needs is a priority for them.
- If enterprise customers are their first priority, you might be overlooked and placed lower on the priority list.
How we’ve helped some of our SMB customers.
- Golden Krust Bakery exhibits at more than a dozen trade shows a year. They came to FreightCenter in 2015 with an emergency situation. A pallet they’d shipped with a carrier didn’t arrive. Our experts rolled up their sleeves and got their replacement pallet to the show on time allowing them to operate as usual. Since then, Golden Krust has built a strong relationship with FreightCenter. When they have a show coming up, they call us knowing we will take care of everything.
- CT Darnell/Sunbelt Rack is a fast-growing designer and builder of facilities throughout the country. Here’s how Project Manager Imee Brose described the company’s relationship with FreightCenter, “Unlike other freight brokers, FreightCenter calls us right away when we need help, even if we don’t know that we need help. If I use the online quote tool and my entries raise some red flags, our agent will call me right away. It’s great to have one person I can rely on. That is very unusual in the freight business and one of the best things about working with FreightCenter.”
- Visone Auto Mart Used RV Parts is the largest salvage yard in the country, with 800 vehicles in their yard at any time. They ship used RV parts all over the country, and they’ve counted on FreightCenter since 2011. As Terry Reece put it, “When a customer calls me about an RV part, I can put them on hold and call FreightCenter to get an immediate quote. I then go back to my customer and give them a total price that includes shipping. I can’t tell you how many opportunities we save by not having to let the customer off the phone.”
That’s three very different SMBs with equally different reasons why their partnership with FreightCenter matters to them. What they all have in common are the benefits of consistently working with one 3PL instead of wasting time looking for the “best” deal every time they have something to ship.
At FreightCenter, all customers are a priority, and we pride ourselves on the personalized guidance, expertise and customized solutions that our shipping agents (National Account Managers) provide.
We’re here to help.
Achieve greater efficiencies and cost savings by partnering with FreightCenter. Let’s talk, give us a call today at 800.716.7608.