For an industry that keeps the world moving, you don’t hear often enough about the fascinating aspects of freight and logistics. Most people hear “freight” and think "snooze"—but not us! At FreightCenter, we see the fun in freight and want to show you why we are self-proclaimed “shipping nerds” and some of the fun, interesting stuff we’ve shipped. Check out these 10 surprising FreightCenter freight facts to see freight in a new way.
10 Surprising FreightCenter Freight Facts
If you follow our blog, you may have seen our post about 4 fascinating freight facts where we dive into some very cool shipping industry information. As a third-party logistics provider (3PL), FreightCenter partners with the best local, regional and national carriers to connect shippers with the right carrier at the right rate. We help businesses and individuals move their cargo efficiently and securely. In fact, we have helped shippers ship everything from hazardous items to hand sanitizer to automotive parts to perishable items and more! But let’s get to the fun stuff! Below are the top 10 surprising FreightCenter freight facts from 2019 and 2020 to help you get ready for shipping in 2021!
- In 2020, FreightCenter’s swimming pool shipments grew by 5827.78% from 2019. That’s right! We helped people across the nation stay cool in the summer with special swimming pool shipments. That means FreightCenter helped shippers move 1,067 swimming pools in 2020!
- FreightCenter’s shipments of exercise and recreation equipment grew by 111.68% in 2020, which translates into 3,027 exercise and recreation equipment items shipped.
- 2020 has been a year like no other. We’ve helped ship essential items like face masks for customers, helping to keep their products moving during an unprecedented year. FreightCenter’s face mask shipments grew by 3000%. In fact, we had 155 face mask shipments in 2020! We are so glad we were able to be a part of helping these products get in the hands of everyone.
- From 2019 to date, FreightCenter has shipped over 10,000 full truckload shipments, travelling over (5,113,575 + miles in 2020) miles, and the year isn’t even finished!
- To date in 2020, FreightCenter has shipped 4,826 full truckload shipments, and the year isn’t even finished!
- Our less-than-truckload (LTL) team has been very busy! In 2019, FreightCenter shipped 56,423,465 pounds total in LTL shipments!
- In 2019 and 2020, FreightCenter has shipped over 100,000 LTL shipments, and we still have a few weeks left in 2020!
- FreightCenter has shipped 40,183,210 lbs. total to date in LTL shipments.
- Did you know? FreightCenter ships to castles! It’s true! We helped a customer ship a 200 lb. chandelier to Kilkea Castle, Ireland!
- No matter where you are shipping, FreightCenter can connect you to the right carrier. In fact, since 2019, FreightCenter has shipped to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States! Who knows what countries we will add to the list in 2021!
FreightCenter Has the Shipping Solutions You Need
FreightCenter has helped shippers, like you, for over 20 years. We have a team of freight shipping and logistics experts ready to help you find the best carrier for your shipment, source capacity, figure out what accessorials or add on services you need, identify which shipping mode is right for you, get you the best discounted freight rates, help with alternative shipping solutions like warehousing and more. With a powerful and easy to use transportation management system that centralizes everything, you get the dedicated support and advanced technology you need all in one place. Maybe your unique shipment will make the list of surprising FreightCenter freight facts in 2021!